Effective Date: June 1, 2021
- Introduction and Overview
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- How We Protect Your Information
- Your Communications Preferences
- California Residents
- Children’s Privacy
- Integration of Third-Party Platforms and Services
- Contact Us
1. Introduction and Overview
For details on how we collect, store, use, and protect your personal health information, please see our Notice of Privacy Practices.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect information from a variety of sources which include, but may not be limited to, information you provide to us, information collected automatically about your use of our Site, and information obtained from third parties.
Information You Voluntarily Provide Us. The types of personal information that we collect from you may include:
· Form Submissions: information that you provide by filling in forms that we make available to you on the Site. Our forms may collect information such as your name, email address, phone number, and any message content you choose to provide.
· Technical Support and Customer Service: information you provide when you report a problem with the Site or otherwise communicate with us via our Site, including any records and copies of your correspondence that you provide.
When communicating with us through our Site, we ask that you please do not send us any sensitive information pertaining to yourself, medical conditions, prescriptions, or any other information relating to diagnosis or medical treatment of any health problems.
Information We Collect Automatically. As you navigate through our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
· Information About Your Use of the Services: when you browse our Site, our systems automatically collect information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, domain names, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, pages viewed and the order of these page views, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time of your request.
· Device Information: if you access the Site through a mobile device (e.g., a smart phone or tablet), we may be able to identify the general location of your mobile device, your mobile device’s brand, model, operating system, resolution, screen size, system version, mobile network information, and your mobile device’s advertising ID.
Information We Collect From Third Parties. We also may supplement your personal information with information from third party sources, in order to verify your identity or to enrich what we already know about you.
4. How We Use Your Information
AbleHearts uses your information for business and commercial purposes. This may include, but is not limited to, providing you with information about the foundation, our facilities, and our services; allowing you to pay a bill through the Site; performing customer service functions; maintaining legal and regulatory compliance, processing a job application; for security and fraud prevention; for marketing and promotional purposes; and to perform website analytics. We may also use your information for other, unanticipated purposes with your permission or upon your direction.
5. How We Share Your Information
· We may share information between and among AbleHearts subsidiaries and affiliated companies for purposes of management and analysis, decision making, and other business purposes, such as expanding service offerings;
· We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as website hosting, email and postal delivery, service delivery, analytics, and conducting academic research;
· We may disclose personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred. By using our Site, you understand and agree to our assignment or transfer of rights to your personal information;
· We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency), or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of AbleHearts or our customers;
· We may disclose your information, including non-directly identifiable cookie IDs and other device identifiers, with advertising and marketing partners, in order to advertise our services and to assess, develop, and provide you with promotions and special offers that may interest you;
· We may disclose your personal information for any purpose with your consent; and
· We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may share information about your use of our Site in a manner that does not identify you, or we may combine information about the nature or frequency of your transactions with similar information about other people and share the aggregated information for statistical analysis and other business purposes.
6. Cookies and Similar Technologies
We may use a variety of technologies to collect information about your device and use of our Site, including cookies. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow it) that enables the Site’s systems or our service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. In addition, most web browsers provide help pages relating to setting cookie preferences. More information may be found for the following browsers here: Google Chrome Internet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Safari (Desktop) Safari (Mobile) Android Browser Opera Opera Mobile
Many advertising companies that collect information for interest-based advertising are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) or the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), both of which maintain websites where people can opt out of interest-based advertising from their members. To opt-out of website interest-based advertising provided by each organization’s respective participating companies, visit the DAA’s opt-out portal available at http://optout.aboutads.info/, or visit the NAI’s opt-out portal available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
Please note that we do not currently recognize “Do Not Track” signals.
7. How We Protect Your Information
AbleHearts uses reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
However, no system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, including personal information, is absolutely safe from intrusion or other unauthorized access by others. You are responsible for protecting your password(s) and maintaining the security of your devices at all times. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
8. Your Communications Preferences
In order to provide services to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security, or the administration of the Site. From time to time, we may also send you other messages or updates about AbleHearts, our sites, and our service offerings or other activities. If you do not wish to receive non-transaction or security-related communications from us, you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the communication or by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that if you opt out of receiving communications from us, we may still send you service communications such as emails about your online payments.
9. California Residents
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, if any. To request a notice, please submit your request as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
10. Children’s Privacy Rights
AbleHearts’s Site and services are not directed towards children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child under 16 provided our Site with personal information, please contact us immediately so that we may be take appropriate steps to promptly remove such information from our systems.
11. Integration of Third-Party Platforms and Services
12. Contact Us